Thoughtful Presents For People Who Don’t Need More Stuff
Feeling stumped by the challenge of finding a gift for that person who seems to have it all? In a world of online shopping and next-day delivery, crafting meaningful gift ideas based on individual needs can be a daunting task. Instead of wrapping up something that might end up being returned, consider gifting them a unique experience in Niagara. Treat them to a change of scenery and an activity aligned with their passions, ensuring a memorable and cherished holiday surprise.
For the Wine Lover on Your List
Instead of wrapping up wine, package up the promise of a fun day away at one of Niagara’s amazing wine events and festivals taking place in 2023/2024, like:
- Winter Wine Trail, taking place December 2023
- The Niagara Icewine Festival, taking place in January 2024
- International Cool Climate Chardonnay Celebration, taking place in July 2024
- Niagara Grape & Wine Festival, taking place in September 2024
For the Music Lover on Your List
Surprise the music enthusiast in your life with the perfect gift – a delightful combination of an exquisite meal paired with a live concert in an intimate venue. Consider one of these combinations:
- A Tegan and Sara concert with dinner and drinks at 1954 Bourbon and Smoke or Twenty Kitchen and Bar.
- Tickets for Kandace Springs with pre-show tapas and cocktails at Pharmacii.
- An evening of Abba, singing the bands best tunes with the Choir! Choir! Choir! crew followed by late-night snacks at The District Tapas Bar.
For the Gardener on Your List
The winter can feel long for gardeners who are counting down the days until they can get their hands dirty again. A gift card to put toward a lovely lunch, some greenhouse shopping and one of the Watering Can’s many hands-on workshops will instantly transport green thumbs back to their happy place. A gift card for Adam’s Flora in St. Catharines, who also offers hands-on workshops, is another go-to gift for avid gardeners.
For the Foodie on Your List
Surprise the food lover in your life by wrapping up a reservation to one of Niagara’s most buzzed-about restaurants or food experiences.
- Recently recognized as one of the top 1000 restaurants in the world, Restaurant Pearl Morissette is celebrated for its ambitious fine dining experience showcasing an ever-changing menu of regional ingredients.
- The Good Earth’s themed cooking classes are a fun small-group experience hosted by talented chefs that include a delectable four-course meal paired with Good Earth wines.
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Top 10 Best New Restaurants by enRoute Magazine, Dispatch boasts an elevated, Australian-inspired culinary and hospitality experience without the fuss of fine dining.
- In addition to having one of the best views in Niagara wine country, Megalomaniac has outstanding raw bar options and a sensational sparkling brunch.
- The creative and ever-changing chalkboard menu at OddBird and delicious Detroit-style pizza from OddBar have diners returning again and again to these two unassuming St. Catharines spots.
For the Winter Warrior on Your List
There are those who suffer through winter and those who can’t get enough of the season. If you’ve got one of the former on your list, give them the chance to soak up the scenery of the Niagara Escarpment cloaked in freshly fallen snow.
- Thirty Bench Wine Makers offers guided snowshoeing and hiking experiences through their Riesling vineyard that include equipment, wine tastings, a warm cup of soup and a souvenir glass.
- Fielding Estate Winery’s transparent wine domes allow guests to get the full Niagara Benchlands vineyard experience all winter long. Enjoy wine, cider, and seasonal light bites delivered right to your dome.
- 180 Estate Winery has a 1 km winter trail that guests can enjoy during their visit.
For the Cocktail Curious on Your List
Trying new spirits in the place where they are made is so much more fun than browsing aisles of bottles at the liquor store. Cocktail lovers will adore a guided tour at Dillon’s Small Batch Distillers or a tasting at Tawse Wine & Spirits, where the house-distilled spirits portfolio now includes whisky, gin, and vodka. A gift card to enjoy one of the signature smoked cocktails at Monello’s in St. Catharines is another excellent option.
For the Proud Pet Parent on Your List
Rather than giving them another cute dog sweater, treat them to a day of exploring in Niagara that allows them to bring their pet along for the fun.
- Vineland Estate’s K-Wine Dog Tour treats pups and their people to a leisurely tour of the vineyard, wine tastings, and pooch-friendly snacks.
- Lock Street Brewery has a special dog menu that allows guests’ four-legged friends to snack on treats like a Barkuterie Board and Pupsicles while they enjoy a flight of brews.
- Newark Brewing Co. welcomes pups on its patio and has drink bowls and treats at the ready.
- Downtown St. Catharines has so many pet-friendly patios in the summer months that they offered LoveSTC Dog Days kits to visiting pups last year.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
Supported by the Tourism Partnership of Niagara