Navigating your holiday to-do list while spending quality time as a family can feel like a daunting task. This holiday season, elevate your festive experience by seamlessly combining both aspects! Dedicate a day or two to relishing the offerings of St. Catharines and the neighbouring Niagara Benchlands communities. Blend some fun family activities with holiday shopping, a few meals out, and leave everyone with a sense of rejuvenation, reconnection, and readiness for the festivities ahead.
Take it Outside
Celebrate the magic of winter at Let It Glow: A Celebration of Light in Downtown St. Catharines and Port Dalhousie from December 1 through January 8. This free, accessible, family-friendly outdoor festival features interactive light installations, entertainment, winter workshops, and cultural programming. After the fun, enjoy a delicious family meal at kid-friendly restaurants in Downtown St. Catharines. Restaurants the kids will love include Hambrgr, Ludology Boardgame Café, and Taco Embassy, ensuring a dining experience that pleases both young and adult palates alike. Top of Form
If your crew prefers a vibe that’s a little more country, head to the Niagara Benchlands. This December, there’s a magical addition to the natural beauty and spectacular scenery of Ball’s Falls Conservation Area. A special Holiday Trail sparkles with thousands of lights and holiday décor. Hiking through this conservation area and its heritage buildings from the 1800s is guaranteed to leave your family filled with holiday spirit. When you’ve completed your Holiday Trail experience, warm up with a cozy family meal at Smoke and Moonshine Authentic Barbeque, Lake House Restaurant or Just Cooking Rustic Italian.
Get Kids in The Spirit
Encouraging kids to craft do-it-yourself (DIY) gifts for loved ones is an excellent way to teach them the true spirit of the holiday season.
- 4 Cats Art Studio in St. Catharines has an extensive lineup of hands-on workshops that guide kids through crafting everything from winter glow trees to pottery gingerbread houses and more.
- Crock A Doodle in St. Catharines invites families to come in and create hand-painted pottery pieces together.
- The Watering Can in Vineland offers winter floral and craft workshops for kids between the ages of four and 12.
- The Creative Bug in Beamsville offers a variety of art-based activities for artists of all ages and abilities.
Indulge in a Perfectly Timed Treat Break
If having a hot chocolate and cookie break is on your family’s holiday bucket list, there are plenty of tasty options in Niagara.
- St. Catharines has so many hot chocolate hotspots there’s an entire blog post dedicated to sharing all the local favourites.
- In Beamsville, Conversations Café is an excellent option that is a well-known go-to spot for locals.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
Supported by the Tourism Partnership of Niagara